ALL student exemptions to qualify for SNAP:
- Are under age 18 or are age 50 or older.
- Have a physical or mental disability.
- Work at least 20 hours a week in paid employment.
- Participate in a state or federally financed work-study program.
- Participate in an on-the-job training program.
- Care for a child under the age of 6.
- Care for a child age 6 to 11 and lack the necessary child care enabling them to attend school and work 20 hours a week or participate in work-study.
- Are a single parent enrolled full-time in college and taking care of a child under 12.
- Receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) assistance.
- Are enrolled in a TANF Job Opportunities and Basic Skills (JOBS) program.
- Are assigned to, placed in, or self-placed in a college or other institution of higher education through:
- A SNAP Employment and Training (SNAP E&T) program;
- Certain other E&T programs for low-income households, which are operated by a state or local government and have an equivalent component to SNAP E&T;
- A program under Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA);
- A Trade Adjustment Assistance Program under Section 236 of the Trade Act of 1974
Visit https://collegesnapproject.org/california/ for more information on CalFresh for college students in California!