FIND Food Bank Social Media Community Guidelines
FIND Food Bank’s social media guidelines are in place to help create a safe environment on all social media channels run by FIND Food Bank. Individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, and socioeconomic statuses are involved in our mission to end hunger. FIND stands with all people in our community, our state, our country, and the world who join us in these principles of fairness, and who believe that equality, like hunger, is not political, but a right for all people. Our movement in hunger relief is grounded in the values of respect, diversity and integrity, collaboration, service, and accountability.
These guidelines are in place to help create a positive environment on all social media channels run by FIND Food Bank. The aim of our social media channels is to create an online space where our community can engage in positive conversations and are free to make comments, questions and suggestions. We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels show courtesy, kindness, compassion, and respect for all other members of our social media communities.
By engaging with our social media channels, you agree to follow these guidelines.
Posts and Comments Must:
- Not contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, or promote sexually explicit material or violence.
- Cannot promote discrimination on the basis of
- Race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity (including transgender identity and transitioning), gender expression and sex stereotyping, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information (including genetic information), family care or medical leave status, military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, engaging in protected communications regarding employee wages, requesting a reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability or bona fide religious belief or practice, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
- Cannot breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
- Must be on-topic, relevant, representative of FIND Food Bank, and intelligible.
- Cannot contain any advertising or promotions of any services or goods with the exception of FIND Food Bank.
Breach of Guidelines
FIND reserves the right to determine, at its discretion, whether contributions to its social media channels breach these guidelines. FIND reserves the right to hide or delete comments made on its channels, as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines.