FIND Food Bank Youth Advisory Hunger Council 2022
Over 80% of students across the Coachella Valley’s three school districts qualify for free and reduced-price lunch. In response to this, FIND created the Youth Advisory Council (FYAC) in collaboration with Girl Scouts Gold Member recipient Ashley Wilkins to educate the next generationon the realities and stigmas associated with systemic hunger while elevating the skills of youth commmunity leaders. Student leaders from across the Coachella Valley will help advise FIND on hunger in our communities and apply new ideas for local solutions to child hunger. Council members will be selected for their willingness to go above and beyond to speak out and serve their community.
YAC is leading the change of tomorrow by discussing solutions and taking action to address issues facing our community today.
Meetings occur every other month on a Saturday at the FIND Food Bank Office.
To be a member of this program, you must apply and meet these eligibility requirements:
- High School student in FIND’s service area
- Demonstrate leadership qualities through community involvement
- Attend 4 out of 6 FYAC meetings
- Attend 3 Youth Saturday events
- Maintain a 2.8 GPA or above
- Write 1 newsletter blog post for FIND Food Bank
- Attend FIND Food Bank’s Telethon event in April
- Show active participation at council meetings
- Uphold FIND’s mission and values through one’s social media platforms
- Gain Leadership and Teamwork Skills
- Discuss real world problems with like-minded peers
- Earn a competitive scholarship
- Represent your High School as a student leader
*So long as council requirements are met
In the meantime… We invite our youth to come volunteer at FIND!
Solo se necesita una persona para marcar la diferencia. Involucra a tus amigos para combatir el hambre a nivel local.
Regístrese para un día de voluntariado juvenil
Traiga a su organización, equipo o clase para una sesión de empaque en nuestro almacén un sábado de cada mes.